Home » » Fault Line by C. Desir

Fault Line by C. Desir

Written By Unknown on Chủ Nhật, 23 tháng 3, 2014 | 23:32

                                           
JESS IS WAITING BY MY LOCKER AFTER SCHOOL, arms folded over her chest. Her dark blond hair is twisted up in a clip behind her head, and her jaw is set in a hard line. I thought I’d waited long enough to avoid her and Darcia both, but Jess is a little scary when she sets her mind to something. She pushed Billy Lanigan her first day at school when he knocked my lunch bag out of my hands, and that was third grade. Billy was twice her size.
“Are you going through, like, some hermit phase I didn’t know about?” she says without even a simple hello. “Because it’s getting really old.”
I twist the dial on my lock, staring straight ahead. What am I supposed to say? I’m sorry? Again?
“I don’t remember asking what you thought of it,” I say instead. It sounds even worse out loud than it did in the millisecond before it fell out of my mouth, and Jess blinks at me.
“What the hell is wrong with you, Wren? What did we do to you? Actually, fuck that, what did Darcia do?
Because I know I never did anything to deserve getting blown off like this.”

download Cleanfiles

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét