Home » » FAULT LINE

FAULT LINE

Written By Unknown on Chủ Nhật, 23 tháng 3, 2014 | 23:32


I spent an embarrassing amount of time getting ready for my first official date with Ani. I shaved my head and sat on the toilet for forty-five minutes so I wouldn’t be caught off guard when I was with her. Michael banged on the door and told me I was stinking up the whole hallway.
“He has a nervous stomach,” Mom chided him. “You both need to go away,” I yelled through the door. “What kind of family hovers outside the bathroom when a guy is taking a dump?”
Michael laughed and I heard Mom hissing at him.
My dad was sitting on the sectional couch working on his laptop when I finally came downstairs. His shirt was rolled at the sleeves and he’d slipped his shoes off and stretched his feet on the coffee table. His shoulders slumped as he typed. He looked fifty years older since he started his new job. His hair had more gray than black. I thought about suggesting he go bald, but decided against it. I didn’t want feedback from my parents about how I looked, the least I could do was keep my mouth shut about their aging.
Dad turned to me when he heard the squeak of my shoes on the hardwood floor. His eyes widened and he sniffed.
download Cleanfiles

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét